Menlo One creates market-leading blockchain tools for buying and selling digital tokens. Built on the Ethereum network, Menlo One’s technology offers communication, social, and automation capabilities that were previously unavailable. Together, these improvements address the critical limitations around user experience, security, and compliance that presently stymie widespread adoption. With deal discovery, collaboration, and asset management, Menlo One transforms the ICO from a niche solution into the standard in global fundraising.
We are hiring a member of the Menlo One engineering team to work on network performance. This role reports to our CTO. As a technical, hands-on Performance Engineer, your job involves measuring, analyzing and determining how the performance, reliability and scalability of our applications can be optimized and continuously evaluated. You are responsible for working with application engineering, as well as test engineering teams and project stakeholders, to ensure that the software and system solutions are scalable, dependable and performant. You will be a driving force in leading the efforts to identify and remediate issues. Testing terminology like stress, load, scalability, spike, endurance and volume should get you jazzed as should writing solid, reusable code and embracing solid CI/CD practices. This role requires a comprehensive understanding of application design, infrastructure and development/operations practices because you will have leadership and mentorship opportunities as we continue to build the Performance Testing discipline across our organization. As part of our team, you will define, develop, execute and variety of performance tests and integrate them with continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines.
- Modifying our open source fork of Chromium to support and improve performance.
- Identifying and fixing startup speed bottlenecks.
- Modifying the JS front end to identify and fix performance problems.
- Both C++ and JS profiling across Linux, Windows, and/or macOS.
- Experience auditing C++ code for security issues.
- Proficiency working with Git.
- Be familiar with web technologies and how the web works.
- Be comfortable diving into an unfamiliar and complex codebase.
- A passion for blockchain and decentralization is a plus.
- Experience contributing to open source codebases and/or participating in open source communities. Virtually all of our work at Menlo One is done in the open on Github.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Be excited about privacy, anonymity, and censorship resistance!
Include a link to your Github when applying.
Finally, please include a statement as to why you think decentralization will make the world a better place (no more than 2 paragraphs).
Thank you for your interest in Menlo One. Don't forget to join our Telegram group. It's the best way to get continuous updates from us. https://t.me/Menloone